Alex wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
>  jumping in head first with tons of heavy
> programming experience, but zero Flash/AS/Flex experience.

btw, i've done the same a few months ago and found the learing curve to
be very smooth (coming from a c++/c# background -- and returning there
now :)). AS3 is close enough to other c-syntax-like (garbage collected)
languages. Flex Builder close enough to other common IDEs I've used before.

I got started by just having a look at the quick starts at the adobe
site (http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flex/?tab:quickstart=1). Adobe also
provides the source code for a lot of the basic controls, having a look
at that also helped me. Also the adobe docs/help are fairly good and
complete all in all.

Anyways, have a nice Sunday (or what's left of it)

Ben