--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It doesn't provide any benefit to you, it provides benefit to the server
> owner.  Once all of your clients are hammering your server to get to the
> proxy to the remote-server, then you have the first chokepoint for
> traffic instead of the remote-server owner who may or may not have
> intended to allow that much extra traffic.

I understand the thinking, but if I can easily create a proxy around
the crossdomain file then they've lost that avenue. It's easier to
throttle access using firewalls or acls, which they will end up having
to do anyway.

> The security rules are also intended to make sure we don't become the
> ultimate spyware and virus development platform.  If we did, everyone
> would be afraid to download the player and/or run these applications.
>

> If you can find a way to spoof the crossdomain.xml from a remote server,
> please let us know.

I don't think I'll put any effort to finding out how to do it since I
don't ever plan on using crossdomain files since I already have a
working proxy solution.