If you use the Cairngorm Microtecture then you do use a 'faceless'
MXML based component everytimee: your subclasses of the
FrontController.  The same thing applies to things like validators
which are not view-type classes.  You instantiate them via mxml
oftimes but they are not included in the displayList of the housing
container.