--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> updateDL gets called incase you want to change the font color based on
> the selection highlight.

Thanks for clearing this up, Alex.

I don't have row selection enabled on my datagrids so I do not need
this constant redrawing of renderers - is there any easy way to
override it or turn it off?

In fact I've been doing a little more testing and this behaviour has an
even bigger impact on performance than I thought - it looks like every
column renderer in every row is redrawn when a single row updates -
presumably for the same reason as above?  So if I have a very modest
datagrid with 25 visible rows each with 8 columns this means 200 cells
(buttons, text, whatever) are redrawn whenever a single row is updated
in the data provider?  This is a big problem for me as my data
represents real time prices and can change very frequently.  It also
explains why performance decreases when more rows are visible at once -
even if the rate of row updates remains the same.

Thanks for your input,

Nick.