> So here's what I'm running into: I have an HBox holding two VBoxes. I
> have a few Text fields inside. I'm thinking JAWS would read the
> contents of the first VBox in its entirety, then move on to the next
> VBox, but it is not. JAWS is reading what is displayed, right to left.

Try giving your tabIndices consecutive, unique values. I noticed you
have eg. multiple tabIndex="1" etc, so most likely the FocusManager
internally sorts all elements with tabIndex="1" to the top in document
order, which would explain the SR reading the first text blob first.

Cheers,
Claus.

--
claus wahlers