I'm not entirely clear on why an FB project even needs this. The config files should be supplied, of course, but Flex Builder is being needlessly picky about the structure of things. Since the command- line app can hit against an arbitrary flex-config.xml, why shouldn't the FB?

regards,
christian.

On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:59 AM, Peter Farland wrote:

What sorts of things change between your dev, qa, staging and production environments? Debugging levels? Ports? WAR context roots?

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Christian Gruber
Sent: Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:52 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] FDS 2 becomes LDS 2.5 | See labs.adobe.com

Does LCDS and the FlexBuilder update allow for more indirect configuration of things like the web-app config location, or the channel locations? We've had a really hard time configuring things so we can build a single binary on our build server, and test that same binary in our dev, QA, staging and production environments. Without the ability to certify a build through staged environments, Flex will have a difficult time rolling out in large organizations with serious software development processes in place.

regards,
Christian.