I made a similar app, I didnt know about DisplayObjectWrapper, I'm just
using a Canvas (the api shows it allows DisplayObject for addChild method,
yes?)

but try changing your line:
var bmp:Bitmap = new Bitmap(myBitmapData);
to:
var bmp:Bitmap = new Bitmap(myBitmapData.clone());

Thats the only thing that looks different from my code