Thanks Clint!

I am getting an error.  Where should this remotingExmple.cfc be
stored in relation to the swf for the swf to find it?

[RPC Fault faultString="Could not find the ColdFusion Component
remotingExample.cfc.remoting." faultCode="Server.Processing"
faultDetail="Please check that the given name is correct and that the
component exists."]
        at
mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::fa
ultHandler()
        at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()
        at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()
        at ::NetConnectionMessageResponder/NetConnectionChannel.as$40:
NetConnectionMessageResponder::statusHandler()
        at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/status()

When I hit run in eclipse I am taken to this url:
http://demo.dev/flashRemoting/bin/flashRemoting.html

So I took the files out of the eclipse workspace folder on my local C
drive and copied them to the development server.

Also should my remotingExample.cfc be named with what you have in the
source="remotingExample.cfc.remoting"  Or was this a typo?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Clint Tredway" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Ok, I did a blog on this. The example is very simple.
>
> http://grumpee.instantspot.com/blog/
>
> I also have a zip file I can email of the code. I couldn't attach
it to my
> blog.
>
> On 3/21/07, Clint Tredway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > the share should work.
> >
> > Remoting works on the same port as the cf server is on. So if CF
is tied
> > to IIS and IIS is running on port 80, then so is CF, so is
Remoting.

> > You can change the URL to point to your dev server. I run CF
locally then
> > move my files to a server when its ready to test.
> >
> > I will give you some sample code here in a min.
> >
> > On 21 Mar 2007 08:19:09 -0700, rchadgray <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
> > >
> > >   I am reading up on doing flash remoting in CF.
> > >
> > > I have CF 7.0.2 installed on a windows machine running through
IIS.
> > > In the CF administrator Flex and Flash remoting is turned on.
> > >
> > > When you make a new project in eclipse the default for Root Url
> > > contains a port 8500 if i remember right. Does Flash remoting
run
> > > over a special port or is it just 80? I could not find anything
in
> > > the CF Admin to set the port so i am guessing that it just uses
80.

> > > I cant find any flex code examples of connecting to flash
remoting.
> > > Can someone post something or point me in a direction?
> > >
> > > When creating a new project in eclipse that uses flash remoting
it
> > > asks for a root folder to your CF server. Our development CF
server
> > > is on another box on the network (and i really dont want to
install
> > > CF on my computer). Do i need to make a share on the development
> > > server so i can enter \\BENDER\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\ into the
field?

> > > Any help is appreciated, and if i over looked this
information/code