--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Harui" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> It's not a bug.  It has to do with variable scoping.
> I'll assume you have data like
>
> { label: "foo", icon : "myTopIcon" }

Well, I actually populate the menu by calling a function when a button
is clicked... the function is here:

private function createAndShow():void {
   myMenu = Menu.createMenu(null, myMenuData, false);
   myMenu.labelField="@label";
   myMenu.addEventListener("itemClick", menuHandler);

   myMenu.setStyle('checkIcon', myCheckIcon);
   myMenu.setStyle('radioIcon', myRadioIcon);
   myMenu.iconField="@icon";
   myMenu.show(150, 150);
}

and its XML is here:
<mx:XML format="e4x" id="myMenuData">
   <root>
      <menuitem label="MenuItem 1" icon="myTopIcon"/>
      <menuitem label="MenuItem 2" icon="myCheckIcon"/>
      <menuitem type="separator"/>
      <menuitem label="MenuItem 3" icon="myRadioIcon"/>
   </root>
</mx:XML>

I am not sure if this supports what you are saying or not, but I hope
not, because I don't know what to do with your tip! (Kinda new to this
all...)

Thanks,
Ann, The Original Giggle Girl