return that query and bind it to an ArrayCollection in your AS. Then you can
bind it to a grid or list, etc.

On 3/22/07, Chad Gray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  If in my CFC that I am connecting to with RemoteObject can I return a
Query object to Flex?

Here is an example cfc:
<cffunction name="getJob" returnType="query" output="no" access="remote">
<cfargument name="jobNum" type="numeric" required="yes">

<cfquery datasource="database" name="getJobInfo">
SELECT JobName, Description
FROM Job
WHERE JobNum = #arguments.jobNum#
</cfquery>

<cfreturn getJobInfo>
</cffunction>

Or should I stick to returning XML?

My goal for this exercise is to take the data and put it in a DataGrid
component.

Second question is how do I format the dataprovider in the datagrid?

<mx:DataGrid id="dgJob" dataProvider="{roGetJob.?????}">

--
http://indeegrumpee.spaces.live.com/