Try, http://localhost/flex2gateway/ and note the trailing slash. This is
an issue in FDS 2.0.1 / CF 7.0.2 that will be fixed in the next version.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Barrett
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2007 7:51 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] services file

Hi,
I am trying to get Flex and ColdFusion to talk to each
other, but I can't seem to get it done. Currently, I
am not using Flex Builder, but I am planning to get it
Monday, as I just got my check today, sometimes being
is student you have to wait.

I think that the problem may be in that I get a 500
null error from the
http://localhost/flex2gateway <http://localhost/flex2gateway>

Here is my services-conffig.xml file, is this correct,
or do I need to add something? I can't seem to get
this working, Is it really this hard?
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<services-config>

<services>
<service id="coldfusion-flashremoting-service"

class="flex.messaging.services.RemotingService"

messageTypes="flex.messaging.messages.RemotingMessage">

<adapters>
<adapter-definition id="cf-object"
class="coldfusion.flash.messaging.ColdFusionAdapter"
default="true"/>
</adapters>

<destination id="ColdFusion">
<channels>
<channel ref="my-cfamf"/>
</channels>
<properties>
<source>*</source>
<!-- define the resolution rules
and access level of the cfc being invoked -->
<access>
<!-- Use the ColdFusion
mappings to find CFCs, by default only CFC files under
your webroot can be found. -->

<use-mappings>false</use-mappings>
<!-- allow "public and remote"
or just "remote" methods to be invoked -->

<method-access-level>remote</method-access-level>
</access>

<property-case>
<!-- cfc property names -->

<force-cfc-lowercase>false</force-cfc-lowercase>
<!-- Query column names -->

<force-query-lowercase>false</force-query-lowercase>
<!-- struct keys -->

<force-struct-lowercase>false</force-struct-lowercase>
</property-case>
</properties>
</destination>

</service>
</services>

<channels>
<channel-definition id="my-cfamf"
class="mx.messaging.channels.AMFChannel">
<endpoint
uri="http://{server.name}:{server.port}{context.root}/flex2gateway/";
class="flex.messaging.endpoints.AMFEndpoint"/>
<properties>

<polling-enabled>false</polling-enabled>
<serialization>

<instantiate-types>false</instantiate-types>
</serialization>
</properties>
</channel-definition>
</channels>

<logging>
<target
class="flex.messaging.log.ConsoleTarget"
level="Error">
<properties>
<prefix>[Flex] </prefix>
<includeDate>false</includeDate>
<includeTime>false</includeTime>
<includeLevel>false</includeLevel>

<includeCategory>false</includeCategory>
</properties>
<filters>
<pattern>Endpoint.*</pattern>
<pattern>Service.*</pattern>