I've started adapting Schall's code, and am getting close (view source):

http://criticalpile.com/lab/DynamicRegistration/DynRegMain.html

However, I just noticed that my alignment seems to be off, if you enter
arbitrary numbers, rather than using the arrows on the number steppers!
Also, I'd like to design this to use some kind of proxy, so you can still
utilize the flex framework effects such as Move and Rotate. Any ideas /
improvements accepted, as I haven't had time to look at it lately!

-Scott