We solved the problem by tacking a random number on the SWF name in
the embed page (myswf.swf?38787383), this way the browser thinks the
file has changed and it needs to refresh it.  In this manner, the SWF
will not be "sticky".  This option is also good for your end users as
they may not have IE set to check each time for updates.

- mr

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, slangeberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You don't experience this with IE? This has followed me no matter
where I've
> worked, what server I'm dealing with! What am I doing wrong here
(other than
> using IE)?
>
> -Scott
>
> On 26 Mar 2007 01:59:50 -0700, Tom Chiverton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > On Friday 23 Mar 2007, slangeberg wrote:
> > > Hmm, i've had this experience on both Apache & IIS. I'm not talking
> > about a
> > > server cahce, I believe this is browser related. Upload SWF to
server,
> > and
> > > do not see change in browser till cache is cleared. No one else
> > experiences
> > > this?
> >
> > We don't, no.
> > Maybe your web server is sending funny headers, or your web
browser has
> > odd
> > settings.
> >
> > --
> > Tom Chiverton
> > Helping to augmentatively harness synergistic systems
> > On: http://thefalken.livejournal.com

> > This email is sent for and on behalf of Halliwells LLP.
> >
> > Halliwells LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England
> > and Wales under registered number OC307980 whose registered office
address
> > is at St James's Court Brown Street Manchester M2 2JF.  A list of
members is
> > available for inspection at the registered office. Any reference to a
> > partner in relation to Halliwells LLP means a member of Halliwells
LLP.