Scott,

I'm sending the word Array to PHP for checking. PHP will check each
word until it finds an incorrect word, then it will send the wrong word
back, along with 10 suggestions. I'm not that good at PHP, so I hired
someone to do this for me. We've worked out a fairly comprehensive
logorithm that I'm quite pleased with the suggested words it returns.

I'm still working on the Flex part, but how I envision this is that
Flex gets the wrong word back, searches for it and
highlights/underlines it. The user is presented with a list of words
they can replace it with, or they can type in a new word (there are
some good examples of similar stuff in the Flex Builder Help/Flex 2
Developer's Guide: "Selecting and modifying text" and "Programming
RichTextEditor Subcontrols"). "Programming RichTextEditor Subcontrols"
has a section near the end that has a find/replace Application that
uses a RichTextEditor with a TitleWindow popup.

Anyway, after correcting or adding the "wrong" word, I re-send the word
Array to PHP for checking. Since I'll allow them to modify the text
during the spell checking process, I resend the whole array until there
are no incorrect words.

Still thinking about how to give them the option to ignore words,
without adding to their custom dictionary, so the spell check doesn't
get caught in a loop of returning a word that the user says is correct,
but they don't want to add.