Hi guys,

I want to know if it is possible to have child windows in flex?

I will try to explain my problem, I have a simple flex app (only a button
with an alert message), this is the code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!-- Simple example to demonstrate the Alert control. -->
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>

   <mx:Script>
       <![CDATA[
           import mx.controls.Alert;
       ]]>
   </mx:Script>

   <mx:Panel title="Alert Control Example" width="75%"
horizontalAlign="center" paddingTop="10">
     <mx:Button label="Click Me" click="Alert.show('Hello World!',
'Message');"/>
   </mx:Panel>

</mx:Application>

Now I want to load the SWF generated from the above MXML, so I have this
code:

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; xmlns:explorer="*"

   width="100%" height="100%" pageTitle="Test" initialize="load();">

   <mx:Script>
           <![CDATA[

       public function load():void {
           myLoader.source = "SimpleAlert.swf";
       }

           ]]>
   </mx:Script>

   <mx:HDividedBox width="100%" height="100%">
       <mx:Panel title="Test Panel">
           <mx:SWFLoader id="myLoader" width="100%" height="100%" />
       </mx:Panel>
   </mx:HDividedBox>

</mx:Application>

My problem is that the SimpleAlert.swf it is loaded inside the Panel... but
for example when the user press the button the alert disable the actions in
all the screen, it is posible to load the SWF inside a child window? because
when the user press the button, I don't want to disable the actions in all
the application I only want to disable the actions in the child window (in
this case the Panel), anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance,
Alex