What I do is this:

authenticate the user's ID and password.  If the credentials check
out, I generate a UUID token which I then send back to the client.
The database table logs the token, the user ID it belongs to, and a
timestamp representing the last time the token was used.

On subsequent calls to the server, the token is passed along as a
parameter.  Before filling a request, the server side components all
pass the token they receive to a security component which validates
the token against the database table, checks the timestamp is within a
given timeout window, and updates the last-used timestamp if
everything checks out.

Everything goes over SSL.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "ripe101" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Thanks for the reply...
> One question, if you are using SSL, why are you also encrypting the
data through the
> application?
>
> I also saw mention in several presentations that Flex apps are being
used by financial
> institutions, so this must have been tackled already in an
"enterprise" security setting.  Is it