I have an area of my app where the user can make a new Thing and can
upload 2 files against it (1 is an image, the other is a text file).

I'd like to have the user interface show a TextInput for the title of
the Thing, and then have 2 "Browse" buttons, one for the image and
another for the text file.  I'm essentially creating 2 FileReference
instances, each with its own FileFilter.

In order to upload the info to my (php) server, I'll have to make 3
round trips, each with a hit to the server, database, etc.:

1.  Create the Thing in the database and respond with a success.
2.  Assuming Success in 1, upload the Image, responding with a success.
3.  Assuming Success in 2, upload the text file.

I thought of using a FileReferenceList (seemed logical) but the
fileList property is read only!  I thought I could PUSH my 2
FileReferences onto it, but apparently not.  So i either have to have
one browse button where the user can pick BOTH the image and the text
file (not very intuitive) or else do my round trips above.

Does anyone know of another technique to upload two files with one
round trip?  I thought about trying to extend FileReferenceList and
add a setter for fileList, but can't figure out how to find the source
files in the flash package?  I'll take any input on that as well.

Thanks!

-- TC