Below code loads single image in a column, but i need to load different images
according to the data provided in 'img' xml attribute
  for e.g
 if a img attribute == pdf then load pdf.gif
else
if a img attribute == word then load word.gif
  in a column,how to give condition under component

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application  xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";  layout="absolute"
backgroundGradientColors="[#ffffff, #ffffff]">
<mx:XML  id="documentationService"    source="documentation.xml"  />
<mx:XMLListCollection id="xc"  source="{documentationService.document}"/>
<mx:DataGrid  horizontalCenter="0"   borderStyle="solid"   width="450"
height="100%"   dataProvider="{xc}">
  <mx:columns>
         <mx:DataGridColumn width="300" headerText="Document Name"
dataField="@name"/>
        <mx:DataGridColumn width="50" headerText="pdf" >
          <mx:itemRenderer>
       <mx:Component>
                  <mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
     <mx:Image source="icon_pdf.gif"  />
      </mx:HBox>
        </mx:Component>
      </mx:itemRenderer>
         </mx:DataGridColumn>
     </mx:columns>
 </mx:DataGrid>
</mx:Application>

<!-- document .xml
<documents>
 <document name="Installing Flex 2"
html="http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/flex/2/install.html";
img="word"/>
 <document name="Getting Started with Flex 2"
html="http://www.adobe.com/go/flex2_gettingstarted"; img="pdf" />
</documents>
-->

  Thanks,
  Vinoth

Vinoth Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Thanks for your info .

  But I need to load images according to the data.

  for e.g.

  In a column , if a data is 'pdf' then load 'pdf.gif'  or if it's 'word' load
'word.gif'

  pdf.gif or word.gif or... are shown in one  column in a different row each

  Thanks ,
  Vinoth

  Jack OMelia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
      Try using an itemRenderer.

Create a separate component that looks like this:
(saved as imageRenderer.mxml in the comps directory)
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
paddingBottom="0" paddingLeft="0" paddingRight="0" paddingTop="2"
width="50" height="20" horizontalAlign="center" >
<mx:Image source="images/image.gif" width="14" height="14" />
</mx:HBox>

then add it to your datagrid like this:

<mx:DataGridColumn headerText="!" itemRenderer="comps.imageRenderer" />

HTH, Jack

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Vinoth Babu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Need your help to load an different images in a datagrid column
>
> Thanks
> Vinoth

> always stay connected to friends.

  Never miss an email again!