I'd make a custom border class.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Whitelock
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:50 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Tiling a Background Image

I've just started work on the UI/Graphic Design for a Flex application
and I need to tile a seamless image as the application's background.
I've found that while it is possible to specify an image for the
application background, I see no way to tile the image.

I assume that I'll need to write my own code to tile the image, but
could someone perhaps give me a tip as to where I should begin
looking? Do I need to do something like subclass the Application class
or is there some simple way to insert a custom component so that it
becomes the application's background?

Thanks!

Paul