1) Is Base64 secure?

[Pete] No. You need to use HTTPS for the actual transmission in order
for it to be secure. Base64 is merely a way to obfuscate strings to make
them not immediately human readable, i.e. in server logs etc.

2) What's the standard model of authentication in RIA? I mean.. I figure
out that the process works this way: I create a JSP login.jsp file that
receives username and password (HTTPService) enconded through Base64 and
decode it. Ok. After that my JSP file put in the session that there's an
user logged.

[Pete] Close, but not quite. You really should be authenticating into
the J2EE web application container itself so that you're not responsible
for managing sessions or authenticating credentials. Just lock down
resources with a security constraint in /WEB-INF/web.xml with
auth-method set to "FORM" so that you can POST the username and password
on login via HTTPService.