I'm using an HTTPService to retrieve XML to use as a dataProvider on
a PlotSeries of a CartesianChart.  My horizontal axis is a DateAxis.
I have written a custom item renderer to overlay a text value from
the item (XML) on the circle.  In one particular instance so far, the
data contains two values.  The scoreListXML contains the following
XML:

<tenPlus date="10/08/2006" val="10.5" txt="22" />
<tenPlus date="10/09/2006" val="10.5" txt="23" />

My PlotSeries is defined as:

<mx:PlotSeries dataProvider="{scoreListXML.tenPlus}" xField="@date"
yField="@val" radius="10"
itemRenderer="utils.AnnotatedCircleItemRenderer">

I've observed in the debugger that the RenderData for the PlotSeries
contains these two distinct items.

However, the filteredData in the RenderData contains only the second
item.

If filterData="false" is added to the PlotSeries, both items render
with the proper text values.  If the filterData setting is not
specified, both items render with the same text value "23".  With
filterData="true", both items render with the same text value "23".

Why would the filterData="true" remove one of these two different
items?  Any ideas?

Paul