Hello everyone.

I have a simple application: a DataGrid that displays a certain number
of rows, which are populated by reading off a data source. A simple
loop controls the number of rows after each update:

// add new data in
while (have_more_data) {
  dataGrid_provider.addItem(someObject);
}

// remove old rows
while (dataGrid_provider.length >= maxRowsToHold) {
  dataGrid_provider.removeItemAt(0);
}

After a few minutes of running, I get a warning from Flash player
about the script slowing down the system. Performance deteriorates
extremely qucikly if I have more than 100 rows in a DataGrid. Having
less rows does not alleviate the problem, but rather delays it.

Why is this happening? Is there a known memory leak in player? Garbage
collection not happening?

Thanks.