+/-8191 according to the player engineers.

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Troy Gilbert
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 8:37 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] X/Y Limit for DisplayObjects?

Yeah, I'm very aware of the 2880 pixel limit on the BitmapData class
(didn't I mention that?).

Here's the specific scenario: I have a sprite that's parented to the
stage. I fill the sprite's graphics with a bitmap fill sized around
10000x10000. I'm "scrolling" around by shifting the sprite's x/y.
Everything works exactly as expected until I set the x/y to a value
greater than 8192 (or less than -8192) at which point the sprite stops
rendering.

So, yeah, I'm sure this relates to an internal limits of Flash, but the
magic numbers I've seen are 2880 (for the size of a single bitmap) and
10,000 (for the size of text fields and the max size of a "canvas" in
Flash 8). 8192 is a different magic number (apparently)... I'm just
trying to confirm that that is the limit for x/y before I start
"virtualizing" things to work around it.

Note: it's not the same as the 2880 bitmap limit because everything
renders correctly until I *move* my sprite to that x/y... it's still the
same size and still occupies the same size on the screen.

Troy.

On 09 Apr 2007 17:13:06 -0700, Andrew Trice <
> wrote:

        The maximum number of pixels in both the horizontal and vertical
directions within the BitmapData class is 2880.  It is documented here:

        http://livedocs
.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/flash/display/BitmapData.html

        Thanks,

        Andy

        Andrew Trice

        Cynergy Systems, Inc.