Are you re-assigning the columns array to the columns property?

Tracy

________________________________

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of eughuang
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:35 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] DataGrid doesn't always show new columns when
dataprovider is updated

I ran into some difficulty using DataGrid, but it's a bit tricky to
describe.

Steps to reproduce:

1. create a DataGrid using a dataprovider (databinding to an
ArrayCollection).
2. obtain the DataGrid.columns, modify, and set it back again.
3. update my dataprovider's data, by adding more columns.
4. result: the new columns don't get reflected in the DataGrid.

The critical step is step 2, which modifies the DataGrid's columns
configurations. I suppose this behaviour is expected and ok.

My question is: is there some way to reset the columns back to the
default, so that new columns in my data will be displayed, or do I
have to manually create and add new DataGridColumn objects?

Hope that makes sense, and any help appreciated!

If this is not the right forum for these types of questions, please
let me know what is.