Both, from the "Debug"/"Run" of Flex builder and directly by executing
the html file through file explorer. When the html/swf is in the bin,
it works. Outside or by others it doesn't.

If I share my "bin" directory over the network and let others execute
the html inside the bin through file sharing, no go either.