from another domain, the solution is to add a crossdomain.xml to the
webservive server?

Tnx, Ben

11 Apr 2007 16:22:27 -0700, Muzak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

  Flex Builder installs a "FlashPlayerTrust configuration file" for each
project.

Read more about it here:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/fplayer8_security_04.html

regards,
Muzak

----- Original Message -----
From: "bnsmeets" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <bensmeets%40gmail.com>>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 3:05 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Calling Webservice from disk to http

Hi All,

Very strange thing happening to me. I have a local based Flex2 swf
which calls a http based webservice.

When i build the app (launches in browser with url like file://etc.)
the webservice is called and results are returned. (isn't this
supposed to be illegal by the sandbox definitions?).

The problem is, that if I mail someone else the entire "bin" directory
to test sometghing for me, the webservice isn't called :(

Whatever other computer than mine I use for testing, the webservice
stays silent. Only on my own PC it works.

To make it even weirder. If I copy the "bin" directory from the
building directory to e.g. c:\, the webservice fails if i run the
main.html inside the bin (works when running main.html from original
bin directory ).

I'm flabbergasted, anyone any ideas?

Greets, Ben Smeets