How about setting it back to what it was by default? Try

.panel {
borderSkin: ClassReference("mx.skins.halo.HaloBorder");
border-alpha: 1;
border-color: #ffffff;
}

On 17 Apr 2007 07:58:18 -0700, Devin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I've noticed if you put a skin in place then you can't create another
style for specific changes. Is there a way to overwrite a skin style
to a null value or something to get rid of it in another style? For
example:

this is my panel style
Panel
{

closeButtonDisabledSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonDisabledSkin");
closeButtonDownSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonDownSkin");
closeButtonOverSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonOverSkin");
closeButtonUpSkin: Embed
(source="flex_skins.swf",symbol="Panel_closeButtonUpSkin");
borderSkin: Embed(source="flex_skins.swf",
symbol="Panel_borderSkin");
titleBackgroundSkin: Embed(source="empty.swf",
symbol="Panel_titleBackgroundSkin");
borderThicknessLeft: 10;
borderThicknessRight: 11;
borderThicknessTop: 0;
borderThicknessBottom: 3;
headerHeight: 30;
}

I want a few of my panels to have white backgrounds so i use this
style.

.panel {
border-alpha: 1;
border-color: #ffffff;
}

Because I initiated the skin the .panel doesn't work. Is there a way
to say set the skin style to null so I can get the .panel style to
work?

such as

.panel {
borderSkin: NULL (blank it out):