I'm building an RIA that loads and interacts with many as3 swfs. The
process is dynamic with the load list coming from an xml file. Is
there a more efficient alternative to loading the same swf multiple
times - or  does this matter?

I've also built an alternative prototype that doesn't load swfs but
"dynamically" instantiates  sprites from custom classes. This has to
work around the issue of not being able to dynamically instantiate a
custom class at runtime by including all custom classes at compile
time. 1) Memory-wise is this equivalent to loading all compiled swfs
at once whether you use them or not?
2) In terms of future managability of the RIA - it would be great to
avoid compiling all the swfs and to use custom classes and oops to
manage the evolving RIA, however if I alter a class do I have to
recompile the whole flex app?

Any general comments on best practice or alternatives are welcome. Thanks.