as i suggested before look at the netconnection class and tunneling over
rtmpt :80

On 19 Apr 2007 09:47:09 -0700, Matt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Since I don't seem to be getting there with my original basic idea of
straight communication via port 80, let me rephrase the problem and
hopefully I can get a better response.

I have an environment that has a web server (Servlet container -
Tomcat 6 to be precise) running on port 80. I am not able to open any
additional ports for communication because of firewall constraints. I
want to have a method of two-way communication via a single stateful
connection. Is this possible?

I have successfully made this function with a Socket, but only when my
server is running on port 8080. If the server is running on port 80 I
get a sandbox security violation.

--
j:pn
http://www.lennel.org