ive downloaded this sample
<http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/CheckBoxList/listSample.swf>   from
http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/ <http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui/>

and im tryin to use it in my course management application.

im using amfphp 1.9

i simply want the app to retrieve the list of courses available and
populate a list which will the be used in a form so that a student can
be enrolled onto a course by clicking on a checkbox. similar to the
sample shown above.

the courses table contains the following fields

CourseID
CourseName
TeacherID

below is a break down of  my code hope it makes sense

populating the array collection:

courseList = new ArrayCollection ( ArrayUtil.toArray(evt.result) );

layout:
<mx:Label x="21" y="290" text="Course"/>
  <mx:List id="list1"  dataProvider="{courseList}" width="242"  x="21"
y="307" labelField="CourseName" height="138">

</mx:List>

my list currently shows all the courses from the courses table, however
i want to attach a checkbox to each list.

the list will be used in a form which allows the user to select what
courses to enrol the student to. im not sure how to exactly

so how can i get my check boxes to behave in the same way as the sample
application shown on the links above?