I swear to god I'm doing the best I can here, and I do seem to be
getting closer.

My problem right now is that I don't seen to be able to get the main
image (orthe text label) to load after a particular thumb is clicked.
I SEEM to be loading the entire array...which of course makes no
sense. The function that does this is the following:

public function loadMainImage(event:Event):void {

I'm trying to tell both the image_name_text and the Main_mage to load
what would be the current text/title and the current image based on
the secections involved.

I'll give the entire block if it helps:

    <mx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            //import mx.events.ModuleEvent;
            //import mx.modules.ModuleManager;
            import mx.core.Application;
                        import flash.net.*;
                        import mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent;
                        import mx.rpc.events.FaultEvent;

                        [Bindable]
            public var selectedNodeTree:XML;

            // Event handler for the Tree control change event.
            public function treeChanged(event:Event):void {
              selectedNodeTree=Tree(event.target).selectedItem as XML;
              [EMAIL PROTECTED];
              thumbService.send();
            }

            public function loadThumbScroller(file:String):void {
                                thumbService.url = file;
                                thumbService.send();
                        }

            public function loadMainImage(event:Event):void {

        ]]>
    </mx:Script>

I have migrated everything to my development machine (Vista is rather
Nifta!). If this code provided doesn't help I will upload the
application to my make-shift server till my real server gets back to
the shop.

I am also very worried that I don't get the concepts Tracy and others
abide by - not referencing the result directly, but doing so by using
a ResultHandler, because my understanding is without such, you can't
debug. I just don't get that part at all.

Does anyone know why my loadMainImage method seems to be passing both
an array of ALL text and, I am GUESSING, instead of reading the single
image as it should, it might be trying to pass the entire group of
images to the image, which would explain why it gives me a broken
image...but DOES seem to want to connect...just doing so incorrectly.

The XML is of this structure:

<rootdir>
    <gallery label="/">
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/CD2_thumb.jpg"
piclink="images/CD2.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork1.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork1.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork2.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork2.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork3.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork3.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork4.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork4.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork5.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork5.jpg"/>
                <item name="Catherine1" thumblink="images/artwork6.jpg"
piclink="images/artwork6.jpg"/>
    </gallery>
</rootdir>

I'm getting desperate. I can't do this by myself, and I'm sinking into
a depression because of it. Outside the fact that this venture has
cost me over $25,000 so far (I'm a secretary, we are talking about a
year's pay for me into this project..., and I am getting nowhere, I'm
getting very depressed. I have ADHD, so please understand I am only
asking for help because I really, really, need it. I have absolutely
no desire to make money. I just want to make something beautiful for
my images and to give it to the world when it's done. I KNOW my
project has value to that end.

I won't bother you guys again if I have overstepped the limits of
'asking for help'. I'll just try on my own for as long as I can stay
sane with it, and failing that, I might have no choice but to put all
this money and my desire to build this behind me...I have no idea what
I will do if that happens.

I'll see if I can move this to my make-shift server so you can see it
in (non)action...

Shawn