mx.controls.Label truncates text if it doesn't fit.  While this is not what
you're looking for, it should be good example code for you to edit to get
the behavior you want.

Dan Freiman
nondocs.... <http://nondocs.blogspot.com>

On 4/23/07, Shaun <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  Does anyone know of an equivalent to the TextFormat.getTextExtent()
method of AS2 in AS3?

I have a fixed size box that I place text in. If the text doesn't fit,
I want to programmatically adjust the font size so that it does (if
possible).

So does anyone know a way of getting the size of a string of text that
accounts for the format/font of the text?

Thanks,
shaun