             <middle>{middleInput.text}</middle>
             <last>{lastInput.text}</last>
          </custName>
        </name>
    </mx:Model>

    <mx:TextInput id="firstInput"/>
    <mx:TextInput id="middleInput"/>
    <mx:TextInput id="lastInput"/>

    <mx:Validator source="{person}" property="custName.first"
      listener="{firstInput}" trigger="{btn}" triggerEvent="click"
      required="true" />
    <mx:Validator source="{person}" property="custName.middle"
      listener="{middleInput}" trigger="{btn}" triggerEvent="click"
      required="true" />
    <mx:Validator source="{person}" property="custName.last"
      listener="{lastInput}" trigger="{btn}" triggerEvent="click"
      required="true" />

    <mx:Button id="btn" label="Validate" />

So you basically have separate validators for each of the fields and
they all get triggered on the button click.