I am interested in finding out more about the PDF capabilities with LiveCycle Data Services. Is there anyone who has dug deeper into this and can help? Specifically, I would like to know:

1) Can LCDS take XDP files made in LiveCycle Designer and intelligently merge them with XML to create PDFs? (I notice in the java code in the LCDS sample, the pdf is hard coded as a '.pdf' file.)

2) Is there any other way to make the PDF/XDP templates other than LiveCycle Designer?

3) Does the client need Acrobat Reader to open the generated PDF's or will Mac Preview open them? (I had trouble opening them with Preview)/

Has anyone done more extensive demo apps with PDF generation other than the one shipped with LCDS?

I have called a number of reps at Adobe and nobody seems to know much about the capabilities of this new addition to Data Services.

Thanks for any additional info on this.

- Kevin