> I'm a bit in the dark here, but am I correct in assuming that I can
> use the above setup to have my main Flex/CF development machine...
YES.  You are correct.
> At this point, I've installed the Subclipse plug-in into Eclipse, and
> a so-called no-brainer package to get "Tortoise" and SVN on my
> development machine.
All you need is Subclise.  If you want to try to set up your own SVN,
go for it. HOWEVER, i found it much easier to use the following SVN
hosting service:
http://www.myversioncontrol.com/

They set up everything for you and if your project is under 4mb, it's
free. You can also use https (which was a plus for me) as well as an
included Trac site. I use the $5/month version, which for me was well
worth it.  It literally took me 10 min to signup and set up my SVN.
Their email support is pretty good as well.

> After that, I've no idea yet how to get these things up and running
> (I'd appreciate any help there); also, how do I extend all this so
> that the 3 computers are able to do their thing?
  In myversioncontrol.com (or on your personal SVN) set up a user/
password for each computer that you may use to code.

You can do everything else in eclipse.

Go To the SVN Repository perspective, right-click and add new
repository location using the wizard.
You can then add dirs (right-click) for different projects and then
folders like branches, tags, trunk as needed.
HERE IS HOW I DO IT:
svn_root
   - some_project
      - branches
      - truck (main dev code)
      - tags
   -another_project
      - branches
      - truck (main dev  code)
      - tags

(see SVN manual for description of these OR http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Subversion_%28software%29#Branching_and_tagging).
You can initially import a project into the project trunk OR
you can change to the project's perspective and choose: Right Click -
 > Team -> Share Project to upload your code
(I prefer the later, however, remember to ignore certain eclipse
files like .project [see below])

Once you have your code on the SVN, you can go to your other
computers and do the following:
Go To the SVN Repository perspective, right-click and add new
repository location using the wizard. Add these with their unique
user/pw.
Once the repository is added, navigate to the truck of the project
you want to checkout and right click - Checkout
Use the Checkout to New Project and go through the wizard as if you
were setting up a New Project in Eclipse.
Once the new project is set up, it will download the trunk into the
project.
You can now move back to the project's perspective and Team->Commit
when you want to commit your updates.

You are now under version control.  A couple things to note:
- It is good practice to always do a Team->Update before you start
working on some code to make sure you have the latest version.
- Remove .project files & .setting files from version control as you
don't really want to be committing those back & forth.  You can
choose files to ignore by clicking Team->Add to svn:ignore
- Commit files when you are done using a computer or you will get
into messy conflict issues every time you work on your code.

I hope that helps simplify the process.  It is actually very easy
once you get it all set up.

- Kevin