Hi All,
I was just googleing the "asfunction" and found this link

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/migration.html

See that asfunction is not supported in Action Script 3.0 and the Flex
2.0 is using Flash 9 which in turn using AS3 so i think its not that
straight forward to write asfunction and handling the event..

Although yahoo map component is written in as2 but we are consuming it
in as3.. My instinct says that there will be some other way that we
can handle the link click event..
Working on it..
Keep u posted
Cheers!
Anupam
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Michael Wills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah the POI marker click event is fine and quite useful. I think it
was
> after reading your post Anupam. :-) However after that, I can't trigger
> anything in the Cairngorm app. I even tried to make a function with the
> original as2map.fla that would simply trigger a new POIMarkerClick
event
> with data passed from the asfunction call within the marker. That
hasn't
> worked yet either.
>
> I also tried to use FlashInterface which, by itself, should work.
> However it blocks the communication of the YahooMap communication
kit as is.

> Basically, similar to Anupam's change to the code, I'd like to add an
> htmlTextClick function which can be can be called via asfunction.
> Something like:
>
> function onHTMLLinkClick(ev:Object) {
>     var rtnObj:String = new String();
>     EIBuffer.addCall({method:swfDomId + ".onHTMLLinkClick" + id,
> data:rtnObj});
> }
>
> and where it sets up listeners in the mapClip object
>
>     myMap.addEventListener('onHTMLLinkClick', onHTMLLinkClick);
>
> and then in the description of a POI Marker have

> me...</a>"
>
> or would this have to be:

> href=\'asfunction:_parent.onHTMLLinkClick,someString\'>Click me...</a>"
>
> and in the Flex project
>
> mapEventDispather.addEventListener('onHTMLLinkClick',
htmlLinkClickHandler);

http://digitallyinsane.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/yahoo-maps-as3-communication-tool-kit/

<http://digitallyinsane.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/yahoo-maps-as3-communication-tool-kit/>

> > Cheeers!
> > Anupam
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
> > <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, Michael Wills <michael@> wrote:
> > >
> > > For clarification, the idea is simply to allow a marker to be
> > clicked to
> > > open it, but then trigger an event/call a function in the
cairngorm app
> > > when clicking on a link in the description.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Michael

asfunction:doNotKnowWhatGoesHere.myFunction/>"