At fitc Ted Patrick announced that Flex 3 will have platform-neutral
support for data integration with .Net, Java, PHP, etc.. see Aral
Balkan's notes from the keynote:

http://aralbalkan. com/922 <http://aralbalkan.com/922>

/*"I'm very excited about the back-end neutrality and the additional
language intelligence in Flex Builder 3. Refactoring support is going to
be a huge productivity booster and the integrated profiler should prove
very useful.*/"

I don't know exactly what that means - we'll have to wait and see.
Cheers,
-Brian

mvbaffa wrote:

> I beleive that Adobe wants to increase its participation in
> the software development market. .NET is very good and its number of
> developers is huge. That's why they should not be fogotten.
>
> This at least is naive.
>
> Adobe has one thing that Microsoft does not have, FLASH. This is the
> key to success if it is well conducted.
>
> I do not care about politics. I really do not care which is the winner
> Microsoft or Adobe. The winner will be the one that can deploy good and
> affordable products.

Brian Lesser
Assistant Director, Application Development and Integration
Computing and Communications Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St.
Toronto, Ontario                   Phone: (416) 979-5000 ext. 6835
M5B 2K3                            Fax: (416) 979-5220
Office: POD??                      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Enter through LB99)               Web: http://www.ryerson.ca/~blesser