On 4/26/07, Jason C Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> MainApp
> contentHolder = new Canvas();
> this.addChild(contentHolder);
> contentScreen =  new SampleScreen();
> contentHolder.addChild(contentScreen); // HERE is what I want to work,
> contentScreen extends UIComponent - so in my mind it should work (show up on
> screen).
>
> SampleScreen
> question = new Text();
> question.text = "some text";
> this.addChild(question); // HERE is the other change from the working version.

So if you add the Text object directly to the Canvas, it works, but,
if there's a UIComponent in between, it doesn't.

 Canvas => UIComponent => Text // doesn't work
 Canvas => Text // works

Suggestions:

 1)  Check question.parent.parent ... is it pointing to the Canvas?
 2)  Compile with -debug and see if you're getting a runtime error
(and see the stack trace)
 3)  Are you overriding measure() in your UIComponent? If not, at
least set its width and height explicitly.