My bet is that it is not in the datagrid at all but in the result
object from your dataservice request, i.e. it belongs to
teachernameRequest.lastResult.  Is either teacherlist or teacherid an
array (one of them must be)?  If you were to make an explicitly typed
model on your client side it would probably be quite obvious where the
data resided.

For this type of issue I have found it a more useful model to think of
controls like the datagrid, lists, comboboxes, etc as renderers rather
than custodians of data.  It also seems to fit with the renderer
pattern to displaying data which permeates flex.

Hope that helps.
SP

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "tweakfreak33" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>