When a user clicks on a container built with repeated array collection
elements in one viewStack layer, the selected element needs to be
utilized to populate the data in a second viewStack layer and
vice-a-versa.

Conceptually how does one do this?  Do I set some type of global
variable|pointer or pass the objects from one view to the other somehow
or can one view layer be aware of another's data?

I suspect this is not a detailed enough description, please feel free to
ask questions to help me describe the specifics.