Hi,

trying to change the sequence of datagrid columns by working on the
datagrid.columns array. I understand from previous posts that one should
copy the array, do the array manipulations, then assign it back to the
columns property. So far so good. I came across one curiousity that I
cannot explain:

    1. First I am splicing a column that gets deleted at the current
position. The splice function should return an array of elements
deleted.
    2. Then I take this array and try insert it using unshift, splice or
push. No good. I also tried to first assign the "cut" element to a
interim var of type DataGridColumn. Still no good.

The whole thing works fine, if I make a copy of the column before it
gets "cut".... and take this as argument in a unshift, splice, or push

Thx