> Troy's suggestion would not require making everything thread-safe.  I

I'm not so sure about that.   We don't know the internals of the flash
player where I'm sure a lot of performance optimizations have occured
- perhaps with garbage collection, for example.

Throw threading into the mix and I'm sure the speed and stability of
the flash player could become compromised.

I think there is a lot to be said about the approach that Flash is
taking .. I've always strived for single threaded environments even
when multi-threaded capability was available.  Threading brings up
complexities which rarely pay off in the end.

However, if they're going to do this, they need to make it easier to use.