From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of André
Rodrigues Pena
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 3:57 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Application close event

ok Manish! thanks for your tips! :)

On 5/4/07, Manish Jethani <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> >
wrote:

        On 5/4/07, André Rodrigues Pena <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:andre.ufrj%40gmail.com> > wrote:

        > Is it possible to make a flex application to throw a HTTPService at
        > close event?. I mean, when the user closes de browser?

        As far as I know, when the user closes the browser, the Flash Player
        instance is dead, so is the Flex app -- can't do anything here. What
        you could do maybe is ping the server from your app at a regular
        interval (say 30 secs.); if there's no ping from the app for more than
        30 seconds (add some grace period), it means the app has been closed.

        Or you could just maintain a TCP socket connection and the server will
        know as soon as it's disconnected.

--
André Rodrigues Pena

LOCUS