Simplest approach is to have one .mxml file that contains two other
components, such as Input.mxml and Output.mxml.

I tend to follow the Cairngorm approach, even if just by using a Singleton
ModelLocator, which allows you to store values such as _searchString - input
by user - globally.

Input.mxml would set _searchString and Output.mxml can be notified, when
change occurs there.

- Scott