From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael Schmalle
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2007 4:22 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Pin a single child element to the bottom of a
parent VBox?

Hi,

As it is the Box disregaurds x and y.

My advice as a component developer is, subclass the Box and create a
bottomRenderer property that is IFactory. Create a method that overrides
layoutChrome() and layout the renderer based on your required
dimensions. This instance would be added to rawChildren.

Another angle is if you need the box created in mxml for some reason(in
the content children), override createComponentsFromDescriptors() remove
the instance you have identified, put it in rawChildren and layout it
out in the chrome. You will need to override viewMetrics() and add the
height of the instance to the bottom property.

If this sounds like something you would want to try, I can be more
specific.

Peace, Mike

On 5/7/07, Ian Skinner < [EMAIL PROTECTED]