HI,

I was wondering if anyone has come across this issue, or knows where I
should start looking for a solution.

My project is as follows, I have a datagrid with an ArrayCollection as
its dataprovider. I use a timer to check a web service every 5 seconds
for new data, pulling a maximum of 40 rows of data at a time.

So I start my app, and when the first set is loaded up I start to
scroll the datagrid to get to the bottom the loaded data. Then when
the timer loads up the new data into the array collection, my Datagrid
scrolls back to the top.

The issue is that when I then scroll down, I see there are rows
between the first data that is loaded and the next that are blank. I
edit the row data this via a DoubleClick as I do the editing in a pop
up. When I try to edit one of these blank rows I receive errors, cos I
pass in the caretBookmark to gain access to the object data in my
ArrayCollection.

I also get errors such as below, when scrolling in the datagrid with
the keyboard and mouse.

Should I be calling something like itemUpdated in the ArrayCollection
every time I add a new item or remove an item, so the Datagrid is
notified explicitly?

Has anyone ever come across this error?

Any ideas on what I should be looking at to solve this?

The blank rows seems very weird to say the least, I think maybe some
internal counter which links the rows in the ArrayCollection and
DataGrid rows must be going haywire?

Is there a way to avoid this error? For example to stop the Datagrid
invalidating until the objects are added to the ArrayCollection and
then call an invalidation type redraw?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Mark

TypeError: Error #1010: A term is undefined and has no properties.
        at
mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/mx.controls.listClasses:ListBase::scrollVertically()
        at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::scrollVertically()
        at mx.controls.listClasses::ListBase/set verticalScrollPosition()
        at mx.controls::DataGrid/mx.controls:DataGrid::scrollHandler()
        at
flash.events::EventDispatcher/flash.events:EventDispatcher::dispatchEventFunction()
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
        at
mx.controls.scrollClasses::ScrollBar/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::dispatchScrollEvent()
        at mx.controls.scrollClasses::ScrollThumb/::mouseMoveHandler()