We used the annotations approach. It worked fine, but we did find a problem with them. We have several diffferent projects that use a different subset of the model. If you use annotations to define relationships, then you cannot re-use the object model java code unless you configure hibernate to use all of it. If Object A relates to Object B, but you only import Object A's configuration because project 2 doesn't use Object B, Hibernate will complain.

The advantage of mapping (which we lost) is that you can have a truly neutral object model, and if you aren't using certain relationships, you don't have to include them - those methods will simply have empty sets. But if that is not an issue, go right ahead. FDS doesn't even know about the metadata - it maps objects to actionscript agnostically.

regards,
Christian.