I think you want to use XML.children() and XML.attributes().

John

On May 16, 2007, at 2:32 PM, Kevin Aebig wrote:

Hey all,

First post, so be gentle.

Back in the ol days, Flash developers had to use recursion to parse through an XML document. I’m finding myself again in this position, but don’t know how to proceed as my initial attempts don’t recurse currently. Also, I’d like to find out if there is a better way to do it with AS3 these days.

Basically I need to be able to look at every node and tell:

-          whether or not it has specific attributes

-          whether or not it has children

I know this seems easy, but the XML structure isn’t known beforehand, so using simple object notation seems futile.

Thanks for any help you can provide…

!k