If you don't specify a height for your TextField, flash *assumes* that it's 100 pixels tall? That's what my trace was telling me 20 pixels tall before I added the TextField and then 100 pixels tall after i added a Textfield without
the height specified.

This has to be a bug, right? This was making mousevents from outside my graphic play havoc in my app.

Hope you don't have to stumble on this for a couple hours to find out why if you have this issue.

Thanks,
Patrick