If your list is already sorted, the performance of a binary search is
pretty hard to beat.  It'd probably still be a good choice even if
you have to perform the sort first.

You could also check out an associative array or dictionary, but I
don't know how well that will perform with thousands of properties.
One iteration through the first list to build the array, then a
single check to find an item.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Nate Pearson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>